You guys seemed to loved the post I did on Baby Led Weaning Breakfast Ideas so much that I thought I would put together a list of ideas for lunches as well. If you haven’t had chance to read the breakfast post you can read it here
As I mentioned on my breakfast post this is by no means an extensive list and please make sure you research chocking hazards before embarking on your baby led weaning journey.
Make sure you follow me on Instagram for daily meal ideas @thewouldbehousewife.
- Puff Pastry Pizza – You can makes these into rolls or serve them flat (see picture above) There are so many different combinations you can rustle up and they take no time at all.
- Carrot, cucumber, celery and pepper sticks with humus
- Bread sticks with dips – be careful of the salt content in shop bought dips. I usually just mix grated cucumber with yogurt.
- Pasta – Our favourites are cream cheese and pesto or tuna and tomato. You can also give different types of pasta such as penne, macaroni, ravioli or conchiglie
- Jacket Potatoes with tuna, egg mayo, beans (obviously there are lots more combinations)
- Omelettes – which you can pack full of veg.
- Falafal – we currently buy the Ella’s kitchen range
- Chickpeas – we squish them with the back of spoon to avoid choking
- Boiled eggs
- Scrambled eggs
- Porched eggs
- Egg muffins – simply whisk an egg add frozen veg mix, pour into muffin cases and bake for 15 minutes in the oven. (They can be frozen too so perfect for batch cooking)
- Lentil Mixes – Aldi have a great frozen range
- Pieces of meat or fish – ham, chicken, turkey, cod, haddock ect
- Sandwich Thins – Ralph loves chicken and pesto on his
- Potato Cakes – Beware of salt content only give in moderation
- Crumpets – Beware of salt content only give in moderation
- Fruit Loaf
- Pitta bread
- Rye bread
- Banana – Try it chopped or give half a dipped in peanut butter
- Pomegranate seeds
- Avocado – Mix with cacao powder for a chocolaty pudding
- Blueberries – Cut up into pieces to avoid chocking
- Apple – Only serve without the skin and stewed to avoid choking
- Grapes – Cut length ways to avoid chocking
- Dried fruit such as apricots and raisins
- Cherries – Cut up and stone removed
- Passion fruit
- Dragon fruit
- Sharon fruit
- Olives – Cut length ways to avoid chocking
- Yoghurt – we use natural or greek
- Creme fraiche
- Yoghurt bark – Simply pour yoghurt into a flat tray scatter with fruit and freeze.
- Cheese sticks – we buy Cathedral City or Babybel
- Biscotti biscuits
- Wafers – We buy the Kiddylicious
- Kiddylicous vege straws
- Ella’s kitchen snacks – Ralph loves the melty puffs and melty sticks
- Sweetcorn Rings (Organix)
- Peanut butter
- Raw Bars
- Raspberry Rice cakes (Organix)
I am always on the look out for baby led weaning inspiration so please leave your favourites in the comments below.