I thought it would be helpful to list the breakfast foods Ralph has enjoyed from six months. I remember when we started weaning I found it difficult to find a list of foods and inspiration so hopefully this will help. This is by no means an extensive list and please make sure you research chocking hazards before embarking on your baby led weaning journey. Make sure you follow me on Instagram for daily meal ideas @thewouldbehousewife.
- Cheerios – Make sure they do not contain honey.
- Shredded Wheat
- Porridge – You can make so many different varieties by adding fruit, puree or seeds.
- Weetabix – I sometimes mix in fruit or cacao powder
- Rice Cakes –
- Malted Wheats
- Homemade Porridge Fingers – Recipe coming soon
- Toast – You can experiment with different shapes and toppings such as Marmite or Pesto.
- Sandwich Thins
- Wafers – We buy the Kiddylicious
- Mini Pancakes – Super easy for little hands to hold
- French Toast
- Potato Cakes – Beware of salt content only give in moderation
- Crumpets – Beware of salt content only give in moderation
- Fruit Loaf
- Banana – Try it chopped or give half a dipped in peanut butter
- Prunes – Also can be spread on toast or made into a puree on waffles
- Avocado – Mix with cacao powder for a chocolaty pudding
- Blueberries – Cut up into pieces to avoid chocking
- Apple – Only serve without the skin and stewed to avoid choking
- Grapes – Cut into pieces to avoid chocking
- Dried fruit such as apricots and raisins
- Cherries – Cut up and stone removed
- Passion fruit
- Dragon fruit
- Sharon fruit
- Rice Pudding
- Oat milk
- Yoghurt – we use natural or greek
- creme fraiche
- Biscotti biscuits
- Chai seeds
- Desiccated Coconut
- Peanut butter
I am always on the look out for baby led weaning inspiration so please leave your favourites in the comments below.