Tuna pasta bake is a big favourite in our house as it is cheap, easy and allows me to use up what ever I have left in the kitchen. I always swap and change the vegetables but for the purpose of this blog post I will list the ones in the photograph. In the past I’ve used corn, spinach, kale, mushrooms, spring onion, broccoli and cauliflower. You can also make it super healthy and stick with just vegetables or add cheese and nachos for a treat. This recipe is based on 2 people with a little left over for freezing.
100g dried pasta – choose with ever kind you like
1 Tbsp of oil olive
1 yellow bell pepper
1 sliced carrot
1 can of tuna
1 jar of pasta sauce – I used chilli and tomato but you can change this.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cover pasta in boiling hot water and add the olive oil.
- Meanwhile chop and prepare the vegetables
- Mix the vegetables with the tuna and pasta sauce and heat lightly on the hob
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse and add the vegetables
- Transfer to a oven proof dish and cover with tin foil for 10 minutes
- If adding cheese or nachos uncover and place under the grill until cheese is golden and bubbling.